Through the "Fire" of Life: May I Have a "Witness?"

Thursday, May 11, 2006

May I Have a "Witness?"


I had a pair of visitors last Saturday morning. Low and behold, a husband and wife team of Jehovah's Witnesses. Part of their mission I guess...try and win converts, although I don't know what they can offer that I don't already have. They left a copy of their beloved Watchtower magazine and Awake magazine, offering to return to answer any questions. I've subsequently done some research, and would be happy to share some views and insights, perhaps on future blogs. Suffice it to say for now that I would NOT make a very good Jehovah's Witness, having voted in every election (they do not endorse political involvement), celebrated every Christmas (they do not do this), and studied the Bible without the steering of the Watchtower organization (they don't encourage independent study), etc. I have not taken a blood transfusion yet, but would if I had to (they do not believe in accepting blood transfusions). However, I may take them up on their offer just to have a theological "gab" session. I love such discussions, and am willing to share my convictions with anybody.
The Ottawa Senators just won their game to play another day! Woohoo!!!
Hey gang...like me in the picture, keep running the good race!
2 Timothy 4:7

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

How come I made comments and it doesn't show that I did?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae