Through the "Fire" of Life: Come to Your "Census".

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Come to Your "Census".

Got a comment from Michael, my nephew in Australia. Nice to know you are reading our blogs! I tried posting a comment to one of your blogs Mike, but I don't think it got through. I bet you miss hockey down there. You'll have to settle for soccer or rugby I guess...haha.

Does everyone have their Census forms filed? Today is the deadline. I guess the government has to know everything about us.

I wish the weather would improve so I can get my bike rides in. The picture above is from a group tour I took last summer around the Bay of Fundy area. This particular day was termed the "Mini Cabot Trail" due to the spectacular hills and scenery. This is at the top of a particularly long, scenic, challenging hill. Notice the Lance Armstrong victory wave! These tours are wonderful because all you have to do is ride your bike. There is a truck that transports all your camping gear, and a "sag" wagon to help out along the day's ride. The same organizer, Gary Conrod, is hosting a bicycle rally here in Yarmouth later this summer. I hope to see some of the same people I met last year.

I need help. When I try to post more than one picture in an entry, they all congregate at the top. I try to move them to where I want with no luck. Any suggestions? For instance, I could have posted more pictures from the bike tour, but do not want them all at the top.

I'm reading a new book called "The Da Vinci Code - A Quest for Answers" by Josh McDowell. It basically discusses the novel and separates some of the facts from fiction in Dan Brown's book. I've only just started, so will give reviews as I go along in later blogs...that is if anyone is interested. But here is a short review to start off...

"You and your friends won’t be able to put down this compelling book where Josh McDowell examines the real history behind The Da Vinci Code. Told as a story of 3 students who are confused about what is fact and what is fiction in The Da Vinci Code, you will be equipped with real answers. And you will have a great resource to put into the hands of seekers and skeptics alike so that they can find real answers – especially the answer to how they can have a relationship with Jesus Christ."

Bye for now...happy blogging!



4 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

What a punny title!!! Have never tried putting more than one picture. Just add a new post with a picture only-I think I read one of your comments on Mike's page-

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi there. Let's not forget The Davinci Code is a work of fiction...like Alice in Wonderland. And Gadzooks, I forgot to fill in the census form..is it too late I wonder? They said you could do it online.
Yikes!
I haven't posted two pictures either...still just learning. Love, the old sister...

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Mike said...

What a beautiful specimen on that bike though!!!

About the multiple pics:

I'm using Picasa2 as my Blog This image program. All you have to do is find the few pics that you want to post, rearrange them so they are next to each other, then select them all at the same time and hit "Blog this"

Arranging and presenting them neatly is harder though. They will be displayed on your post all together. While under the "Compose" tab, you can vertically move the pics up or down, but to move them side to side, you have to hit the "Edit HTML" tab. This will change the pic to text details where you can change or add a border to the picture. To move it to a side though, where it says "FLOAT: right" change this to left and there you go...

If there's anything else, just ask!!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow..that sounds easy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae