Through the "Fire" of Life: Spring!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring!

A sure sign of spring is here...the Stanley Cup playoffs are well underway in the NHL and so is the baseball season. The Montreal Canadiens have eliminated the Bruins from the playoffs, and are the only Canadian team left in the playoffs after Calgary lost last night against the San Jose' Sharks.
Anyone who truly wishes to keep up with my antics can do so by going to my Facebook page. I now have a humongous 3 room tent...now to go camping sometime. Pictures are on Facebook.
The Kaye Nickerson Centre where I work has received funds for a new facility and construction is expected to start this Spring or early summer. I will post pictures of this project on Facebook.
The Fire Dept. has been busy this Spring...especially with grass fires. These can really tie up the dept. and are a real danger.
I have played some pedal steel guitar with a group called "Sunny Acres" led by local artist Ryan Cook. Check the band out at http://www.ryancook.ca.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Maybe spring will revive our blogs---- be good to get going again--especially with Dad going on a trip to Iceland.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Great to hear from you Jim.. I don't follow people on Facebook. It's alot more impersonal than a letter (ie blog). I only use FB for contacts mainly. Anyway though, I look forward to reading more!!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi again. As you know I prefer blogging as well. Easier to get all your news to everybody at once. However I do like Facebook for the photos.
Nice tent...Hope we have a good summer for camping.
Read my blog...I posted condolences for you re the Habbies. I hope I have to eat my words.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae