Through the "Fire" of Life: Meet Sayra Maribel!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Meet Sayra Maribel!

Meet Sayra Maribel Lopez Suchite, my sponsored child through World Vision. She lives with her parents in a poor area in Guatemala, Central America.

Her father is self-employed but his earnings are hardly enough to provide for his family. Her mother stays at home caring for her family. She was born on December 19, 1993, so will be 13 this year. Turning into a teenager! World Vision is nice in that they keep you updated on your sponsored child and it costs only a little over a dollar a day.
Sponsors have been known to actually meet their sponsored child. Now that would be very interesting!





I managed to hide my geocache today. It's behind where we used to live in Dayton, up near the old railway tracks. I could post the co-ordinates, but they won't do you much good without a GPS unit. That trail is becoming quite busy, so it was a bit of a challenge to hide the thing without being seen. The actual cache is off the trail just a little though.


I was working on this post this morning when my pager went off. It was a call to assist EMS with an injured person near the Sandford wharf. By the time we arrived, the situation was under control, so we headed back to quarters. So that's what transpired today.


I will have some comments on The Da Vinci Code in future blogs. The Wesleyan Church has even suggested their people go see the movie, with the provision of information to help separate fact from fiction. It has become a social event that cannot be ignored, so why bury our heads?

That's all for now.
Happy blogging.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Pretty girl..it's a good thing you're doing. Michelle sponsors a child too. Can't wait to hear your comments on The DaVinci Code. I'm not interested in seeing the movie, since I've already read the book. The movie usually disappoints if the book was good.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

It kind of puts things in perspective- I'm still sponsoring my own children at the moment!!!Could be a long moment-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae