Through the "Fire" of Life: New "Blogger"

Friday, May 19, 2006

New "Blogger"

Last night we had our annual conference at the church. Not a big deal, just election of positions and passing of budget and all that good stuff. I am not a member as yet, so did not vote at the meeting. I have yet to transfer my membership from Beacon Church.

I did see the headline in the paper yesterday regarding the gay marriage of two Mounties. They do have the legal right in this country now to be married and that is their decision. My concern is that eventually, churches and other religious communities will be forced to perform these marriages even if it goes against their religious beliefs. Also, if you do some homework into how the new marriage law came to be passed, you will find out that it was rushed in and pushed through in a very undemocratic and coercive way. I say shame on the Canadian parliament! Click here for the complete story.
Stephen Harper has promised to allow a free vote in parliament on whether or not to re-visit the issue of same-sex marriage. I trust he will keep that promise and allow a fair process to proceed in deciding this issue.
That is my editorial for today.

Dad is up and running the "Blog circuit". His link now on my blog. He finally succumbed to peer pressure I guess. Hence the title of my post. Welcome aboard to our dysfunctional group...haha.

The Oiler game is on now, so will watch that. They play the Mighty Ducks.

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Hey- I don't see his link on your page- am I missing something?

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

oops, I was in too much of a rush- it's there now- will check it out- thanks

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Thanks for the link to Dad's blog. When I got an E-mail from Traveling Man, I thought - yikes, someone is invading my space, but when I read the post, I realized who it was.
I don't see anything wrong with gay marriage by the way. I believe they are entitled to the same rights as anybody else. Love is love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae