Through the "Fire" of Life: You Can't "Beat" This!!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

You Can't "Beat" This!!

This is what I was doing this morning. Yes, playing the drums for praise team during worship service. The drums were my first musical instrument as a child, and it is nice to have the opportunity to play again (thanks Pastor Dwayne!). Pastor Dwayne MacLeod is our Minister of Music and Fine Arts. He wasted no time in placing me on the praise team when I returned to the Wesleyan Church after years of attending Beacon United Church. For that I am grateful.
We usually have a bass player, but not this morning, so I missed that. Bass and drums form a team, so it was only half a team this morning. But of course God was present during the service as per usual.

Tomorrow, I plan on hiding my first "geocache" for others to find, as explained in an earlier post. I will be posting the GPS co-ordinates on the geocaching.com website. Hopefully the weather will co-operate for me. There are several local caches I haven't found yet, but hey...I have all summer.

I managed to get a bike ride in today.

The Edmonton - Annaheim game will be on soon, so will get a little lunch and hunker down to watch it. So what if it is on late? Tomorrow is a holiday so I can sleep in. GO Oilers GO!!

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

I always thought Beacon missed a great opportunity in not recognizing your many talents- music has always been such an "instrumental" part of your life and spirit- I'm thrilled for you, being able to express your praise in such a fulfilling way- hey- why did you get all the talent?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Thanks - Beacon just did not have a music program to provide the outlet. The Wesleyan Church has a wonderful music team.
And you have talents - just not music, perhaps.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

fireguy- take a look at race2replace.com- there's a biking contest to replace Lance Armstrong and anyone can enter- it could be you!!! And you could share the wealth-

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Jimmy, how are getting the different pictures in? E-mail me if you want? And yeah, why did you get all the talent?? I still remember you playing the drums when you were really little..out in the porch in Dayton...you were good then.
Oilers won....what a game eh? Good Hockey!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae