Through the "Fire" of Life: Fast Approaching Holiday

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fast Approaching Holiday


Yes, the long Canada Day weekend is fast approaching. A mood of patriatism swooped over me tonight as I realized how lucky I am - as we all are - to live in this great country. All you have to do is watch the news and see what is going on around the world to appreciate this country. Not that I agree with all the decisions made by our leaders, but we are much better off than most other countries in the world.

Superstore are planning to open some locations this Sunday, challenging the new Sunday shopping rules. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think the government should have either allowed or not allowed Sunday shopping a long way back, instead of leaving loopholes in the law. Those loopholes have opened up a whole can of worms!

I went to the Superman movie last night. It was the best of the Superman movies to date! It is amazing what they can do now in terms of special effects as opposed to years ago when Christopher Reeve played Superman. I recommend this show to any fan of the "Man of Steel".

More exciting news! Spider-Man 3 is being released - but I'll have to wait until next year to see it. It comes out on May 4th, 2007. I used to collect all the "Spidey" comics and am a big fan. I still have most of the old comics - some of them may be of more value than the face price! There are some differences between the comics and the movies. For example, in the comics, Peter Parker had to manufacture his webbing and wear cannisters to carry it. More than once, he ran out of webbing at the most inopportune times. In the movies, his body developed a natural ability to produce and fire the webbing from his wrists.

Well, have a great night folks - need to check my "webbing..."

10 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi..I'm glad to be a Canadian too...I love Canada. And no matter how much they make jokes about the Canadian Armed Forces, I am proud of them, and proud to have a son in the Army and a grandson in Cadets.
Glad you liked the Superman movie. We'll probably wait till it's on DVD. But I imagine it looked good on the big screen?
So, what are your plans for Canada Day? There must be things going on down at the waterfront...or will you be in the Harbor on Daisy?

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Canada Day activities? Don't know yet. Used to have a good time up there watching the parade.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

You're right- Except for Australia, I can't think where else in the world I'd rather live- Your old comics may be a goldmine- go on ebay and do a search for them to say what the going rate is- So the big question- does Superman hook up with Lois Lane?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

If he does hook up with Lois Lane...he'll have to be very careful that his 'super' powers don't kick in at the wrong time...hehehe!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

You know...Man of Steel?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

I thought you had forgotten about that phallic stuff- tuffysmom, that is, not you fireguy-

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I hadn't forgotten..it's just that your phallic thing was a lot...hmmm, how shall I put this....sturdier than I remember..Oh God, I'm going to Hell for sure now.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Fireguy is not going to be impressed with the tone of our comments- ha ha ha

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

You brought up the 'phallic' stuff. I don't even know what 'phallic' means.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

And "sturdier than I remember" refers to what exactly???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae