Through the "Fire" of Life: Weekend Update

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend Update

Just got home from a brief Ground Search & Rescue Meeting. Not much was discussed except whether to pursue a 40 acre land purchase behind our premises in Arcadia. For those who did not know, I am a member of the Search team, but I must admit that the Fire Department is generally more busy and is my priority at the moment. Ground Search does provide good training in outdoor survival, map & compass training, teamwork, etc.

Earlier this evening, I attended a going away service for the youth Pastor, Jonathon Cook, at the Wesleyan Church. He is leaving to join the RCMP and will be missed. It was a humorous affair at times, and tribute was paid for his service to the church over the past three years.
The process of hiring a replacement for him is underway.

I did not go to the races today - the weather has been really "blah" all weekend. I even noticed some flooding in some areas, for example on the corner of the Haley Road and Starrs Road. Good thing I have "Daisy" Sea-Doo - in case it floods up here on Sprucewood, I can just fire her up and take off!

The battery charger for my camera is currently at Repair-All, along with the battery. Why? Some mysterious thick, yucky crud got into it - I do not know how. It was on my floor near a plug where I use it. How this happened and what that crud was is a mystery to me! I cleaned it off as best I could, but it did not work after. Hopefully, Stephen Sollows will come to the rescue.

Speaking of taking off, that is what I am going to do now. I think that this blog en"compass"es my weekend.

5 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

If this rain keeps up, we may need your rescue skills and Daisy!! Stephen Sollows is a miracle worker- but that crud- could there be a cat involved?

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

It's still raining....sob sob sob.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

There appears to a temporary cessation of the rain...woohoo!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hot, hot, hot...oh it's so hot! All the fans are fanning. I've been getting my laundry done whilst the rain is gone. Hey, don't stop blogging! We want you, we need you, we love you....ok, you get the picture!!!!!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Okay brother, the weekend is over and your fans are getting restless!! You have to keep feeding us-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae