Through the "Fire" of Life: Of Races and Rides!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Of Races and Rides!

This Sportsman class stock car went on a wild ride on the backstreach! Car number 15, which is for sale, somehow lost control and away he went. The driver walked away with a smile, and I'm sure the price on this car just went down a little...hehe. Surprisingly enough, it raced again. I did not stay for the entire day, as I had a Cycling Rally banquet to attend.
This car, also a Sportsman car, is a nice looking car, and finally won his first race. It is driven by Jody Goreham.


The final day of the Bike Rally was today. The ride I went on consisted of a trek out to Ellenwood Park via the Hardscratch Road - I did not see Teahound around though. After a break at the park, the gang went through Raynardton and Tusket Falls, stopping at the Hydro Dam (I did NOT swear - really). Crossing very carefully Highway 103, we then finished off by taking Highway 3 back into Yarmouth. This is a 50 Km or 30 mile loop - very doable. Next year's Rally is in Saint George, New Brunswick. Unfortunately, the Princess of Acadia may not be running so that would mean a LONG drive around if I decided to go.
Aussie and Lexy will have much fun in the new bike trailor for tots - if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, refer to sister Susan's (AussiesNan) blog. A couple at the weekend's rally had one for their tot as well. Let's see now - who will have more fun? The little kids being towed or the BIG kids doing the towing?

Well - I must go and check out the price on that stock car..haha

5 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Wonder how much that stock car is going for-- not that I want it--- good idea about that flag for the trailer-- must look for one-- That was quite a bicycle trek- I could never survive-- but--- who knows-next year, Saint George, here I come--- we can pack up a tent and camping supplies in the trailer!! NOT!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hey...nice pictures. Actually, after this morning, we may have to buy that smashed up car! Maybe that's what we should be driving anyway...hehehehehe. Since 'good' cars don't seem to work so good for us. Really hope to see you this weekend.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Good question .. I think that the big kids will have just as much fun as the little ones . Wow what a crash ... Hes lucky that he wasnt hurt . I never went to the races , Tim did though , looks like its exciting , I will have to check them out !

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

LJLC, It's not the back that hurts from backriding-- it's other parts that I will talk about in a later blog--particularly if one has a need for preparation H!!!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Sigh..I always wanted a toy car that you pushed with your feet....never, ever got one! Maybe I should get one now...hahahaha...man, that cracked me up again!
I can just see Jim and me - The Flintstones...hahahahahahahahahahaha
My bet is..it would still break down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae