Through the "Fire" of Life: Endtimes?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Endtimes?

What to write? Hard to say when you are tired. Just got home from a band practice and am getting ready for bed. I am driving the Centre van this week for the regular driver who is on vacation. It consists of two round trips to Pubnico to transport clients.

The conflict in the Middle East
took a turn for the worse today when Israeli forces hit a UN post - not good. Koffi Annan is accusing Israel of deliberately targeting it. That to me is a rather bold and reckless accusation!!!

I watch the news and am saddened by the state of affairs. My faith in the fact that God is ultimately in control provides perspective. Bible prophecy points to a time when a serious war (Armageddon), erupts, and only Christ's return will force man to "beat their swords into plowshares". I am not ashamed of professing this - as I am not ashamed of the gospel - even though all may not agree. The current crisis may not be the timing - but I strongly believe we are in the endtimes.

Well, with that chunk of conviction out of the way - it's off to bed I go -

3 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Oh Jimmy...I know things are really bad, and I respect your belief. But to me, and this is just my opinion, these are not the 'endtimes'. It appears to me that you have lost hope. And without hope, what do we have?
I remember when Mikki was 7 mths old, and the threat of nuclear war was new..we all thought it was over then.
Now she's.....older...and it didn't happen then, and I don't believe it's going to happen now!
Please try to remember that the Bible is a book...that has been translated from several languages for thousands of years.
Don't get me wrong..I believe in God and in Jesus and everything good in the world. But I am not bound by a book that has been written by men.
We all know in our own hearts what is right and what is wrong.
Don't get mad...let's discuss this. Don't clam up when somebody disagrees with you.
Let's talk about it.
I love you very much..Sis

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Why do you always think I get mad when someone disagrees with me?
We don't share the same beliefs about Gods word...why should that make me mad? You have a right to believe what you do. And if you think I've lost hope, I think you've misintrepreted my post sis..."endtimes" only means the end of things as we know them...not the end of the world. I think it's exciting actually.
love ya...

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I guess I did misunderstand you, sorry Fireguy. Yes, I believe things are going to change too. And it is very frightening to hear about what is going on in the Middle East.
I think I misunderstood, because I was watching TV and they were talking to a bunch of people who believe 'the end of world in near'. My sincere apologies to you. Love you ...sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae