Through the "Fire" of Life: Music Report

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Music Report


I had my first practice last night with the new band. It was fun and I enjoy the song list. It includes some numbers by this man - one of my rock'n roll heroes, John Fogerty. I remember as a kid just leaning back against the stereo speaker and listening intently to all the great guitar licks this guy churned out in his CCR days! The riffs in Green River sent chills up my spine! And his career kept going after CCR with songs like Centrefield, The Old Man Down the Road, Almost Saturday Night, and so on. It's good to be at it again after a rather lengthy hiatus. I've played in bands pretty well all my adult life so it's in my blood.
Oh yes - Maggie May by Rod Stewart is also on our list - gonna be fun!
Hope to see you in the audience some day!

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Yes- yes- yes-- love all those artists- Will definately by going to a dance--- is it official- can you name the group-- there is no picture showing up on my screen- a big space where a picture should be on the left---i'm very excited about this--- maybe The people of the blog world will support you---

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

okay, the picture is there now-- sorry--- still excited---

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Fireguy said...

The name of the group is "Windfall".

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger NanNan said...

Wow- isn't it funny- all the connections?

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

you'll have fun with it Jim..I miss singing already*L8sad isn't it..it's only been a couple of weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae