Through the "Fire" of Life: Interesting Offer!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Interesting Offer!


An interesting offer today. The drummer of a local band looking to make a couple of personel changes has inquired as to whether I'd be interested in playing lead guitar. I am currently looking over the song list and brushing up on some "licks" as they say. Seems like they play the kind of music I like for the most part. On the list I see the likes of the Stones, CCR, Bob Seger, etc! He said they need to learn more country to satisfy the Legions. More info as it becomes available. I haven't played in a band for awhile but lately I've had an itch to get back into it.

Stayed home from work again today. I expect to go back Friday, taking tomorrow off as a precaution.

Sobeys are challenging the Sunday shopping law. I suspect they will win. The government should not have left loopholes that exist in the current law. It should have based the law entirely on the results of the previous plebiscite - no, by a narrow margin, to Sunday shopping. If not, why bother having a plebiscite?

Further from home, keep an eye on what happens with the North Korea test missile situation. One good thing - the long range missile test failed.

And France has advanced to the finals of the World Cup against Italy. I hope France wins, although I do not follow soccer much at all. I am hoping for France simply because of the habit the Italians have of faking injuries in order to evoke a penalty call. Just ask the Australian team! A clip on TV showed the Italian team practicing the art of faking injuries. It made me sick! I bet nephew Mikey down under is hoping for France too.

Bye for now - have a good one!


3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Interesting offer I'll say--- wouldn't you know - I guess you'll have to make some "ethical" choices--or is this minister okay with it----- It has seemed like such a waste for you not to be sharing your musical talents- used to get us out to a dance every now and then-- Life is never easy, and every choice involves a "test". Just be true to yourself- and use your own judgement- good luck!!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Jim,time passes: I remember a night at Captain Kellies,when a young guy I didn't know him from a hole in the ground, walked in just back for a break from university and Jerry called him up to join them play.Seems as if it were only yesterday and what a difference he made that night(26 years ago) and many others.
What I am trying to say even though I know you now a little better IS if you want to get your licks in before arthritis seta in you better make your move now.
Frank

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Thanks for the kind comments gang - appreciate them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae