Through the "Fire" of Life: We Have Lift-Off

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We Have Lift-Off

My thoughts and prayers were with the astronauts today as the space shuttle Discovery took off. So far, all is well, but re-entry is very hazardous. So many things can go wrong on such a complicated vehicle. There was much tension surrounding this mission, exacerbated by a small piece of foam falling off yesterday. Engineers deemed the vehicle safe, and they took off today.

I woke up last night with some chills - must have been a mild fever. Feeling much better today. Stayed home, and am staying home tomorrow to shake it further. It seems that Cold-FX is effective and I'll be using it on a regular basis, especially in the winter. Colds are quite rare for me, especially summer colds.

I did get out today for lunch, going to the Quick-N-Tasty. Now, if you like
seafood chowder, you will simply love the seafood chowder there. I highly recommend it! It is now open under new management.

That is all for now - almost time for my before bed snack. Oh yes, and my COLD-FX.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Glad you're feeling better- wise to rest up-- didn't watch the space shuttle- but it will probably be shown over and over anyway-- still amazing-- Didn't know the Q&T had new management- I love seafood chowder---

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I have had the chowder at the Q&T...love it. Probably better than chicken soup for your cold. Glad you are feeling better. I've just finished just about everything I have to do, and thought I'd check in before I go to bed. Hope to talk to you from the Rock!
And Darn...I missed the Shuttle take off....Gads!
Love ya Brother...You're wise to stay home and not spread your germs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae