Through the "Fire" of Life: Firefighting Tidbit!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Firefighting Tidbit!

Just thought I would post a little tidbit about a strange sight you may see if you observe a structure fire being fought - I mean besides watching us fools go in when everyone else is heading out (haha). You may see water being directed out a window - yes out, away from the fire. This may seem strange because the fire is inside, but what we are doing is called "hydraulic" ventilation - using that water stream to take alot of smoke and crap out with it, thereby making it much more bearable inside for us - and any potential victims. I had a chance to use this technique at the Argyle Street fire before Christmas, as the Lieutenant with me wisely directed it be done. The hard part was finding the window...

I met with my potential new band today for a gab session. We seem to be on the same page in terms of repertoire or songs to do. First practice will be on Tuesday night. As a note of interest, I was in the barber shop today and asked the barber if she'd heard any good bands lately. She mentioned the band I am joining. Honest, I did not tell her I was joining - she happened to hear them awhile back at the Red Knight. I just smiled to myself and thought "that's a good sign!" I am keeping this low key for now until things are confirmed - that is why I haven't mentioned the name of the band.

Had a ride on my bike tonight after supper. Apparently I napped through a visit from Frank, Sue, and Aussie earlier.

Races at Lake Doucette tomorrow - woohoo!

Have a great remainder of the weekend fellow bloggers.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Very excited about the potential "band"--- excited too about the possiblilty of going to a dance---- haven't been to one since the last time you played somewhere---- We didn't stay long at dad's --- Austin was keen to get going---Hope you have sun for the races tomorrow----

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Interesting Info Jim, God I'm missing going to sing. Hope things work out well with the band..Take Care.
Tammie

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi Fireguy....how were the races? Any crashes. I know I'm a tad late responding to this blog...but...better late than never. The boys aren't up yet..hehehehe..Take care, love ya, Old Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae