Through the "Fire" of Life: They Return!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

They Return!

The NHL New York Islanders are returning to Yarmouth for their 2006 - 2007 season training camp. Travelling Man and I will be attending an exhibition game on September 23rd when the Islanders go up against the Acadia Axemen University ice hockey team. The game is at 12 noon and should prove interesting. From what I hear, the Islanders will only be using their Bridgeport affiliate prospects against the Axemen - not their top roster. But then again, that would be a mismatch of sorts.

Check out the "Windfall" blog - you will see an update to our song list there.

Yesterday an alarm was triggered at Beacon Seniors terrace causing a little excitement - then later in the day a tractor trailor caught fire behind LaFarge. Judging by the amount of thick black smoke showing, I thought we were in for a long evening, but that wasn't the case. A couple of fire runs in one day - nothing serious.

Chow for now!

4 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Funnyface said...

I see where you have added Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton...That is one of my favorites....

Hope you guys enjoy the game.

Take care Cheryl

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Should be an exciting game- I bet it's sold out-Aw, come on and try the celebrity match-up--- just for a laugh!!! pleeeeease!!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hey, Eric Clapton was one of my celebrity matches..maybe I do like him. Probably if I heard a song by him I'd recognize.
Wow, two fire calls in one day, and we weren't even there! Can't blame us this time..hehehehe!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Eric Clapton sang "Tears in Heaven" dedicated to his toddler son who died after falling out of an apartment window-- that song makes me cry too-- I think Eric Clapton also sang stairway to heaven, not sure about that, but he's not too shabby!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae