Through the "Fire" of Life: Music and More Music!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Music and More Music!

The 2nd annual "Beausoleil" festival started this evening at the Mariner's Centre. A few weeks ago, I happened to win a weekend pass to the festival by answering a question asked on CJLS. There are a few pretty heavy hitters performing this weekend, such as Matt Minglewood, Kevin Chase, Dave Carmichael, and guitar phenom Matt Anderson, who I heard a bit tonight. What a treat to the ears to hear him play! Kelly Belamon also performed along with a few other local artists such as Bill d"Entremont and Robin Dillanger. Myra LeBlanc's band "Tickled Pink" will be performing tomorrow - I played music with her for awhile.
I also went down to the waterfront to hear Dave Bishara's band "The Grinders". They are one hot local band - I remember listening to Dave sing when I just a young boy. He played in a band called "Harmony". The waterfront activities are of course all part of "Shark Scramble" weekend. And to top things off, there are stock car races on Sunday - Heaven help me - too many things to do and not enough time! So if anyone complains of there being nothing to do in Yarmouth, do me a favor - laugh in their face and refer them to this blog for a rebuttal.
The big CCR-Revisited concert is coming up in Antigonish on the Labor Day weekend. Needless to say, that's perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity!
It's late, you are caught up, and it's off to dreamland I go. Bye for now fellow blog family. Hey, that can be our theme song -
"We are family..."

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger NanNan said...

I wish I had known about the grinders on the waterfront-- I really like that band--sob, sob, what about tonight??

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger NanNan said...

PS>-Why the change to smaller font?

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Gillian said...

I heard the Grinders during Seafest- they are sooooo good... They have real stage presence, crowd connection and know such a wide range of songs, from oldies to modern!

I was super impressed! Lucky people to be in such a hub of activity!

Off to bed!
G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae