Through the "Fire" of Life: Concert

Monday, September 04, 2006

Concert

The CCR concert in Antigonish made for a long day, since 4 bands played before them. The weather turned out very nice - but it did turn very cool in the evening. CCR - Revisited was a treat, having grown up a huge fan of CCR. They did all the classics like Proud Mary, Bad Moon Rising, Born on the Bayou, Down on the Corner, Lodi, Lookin' Out My Back Door, Fortunate Son, Green River, Hey Tonight, Run Through the Jungle, the list goes on...


The one thing I did notice was a bit of fatique on the part of some of the members. This is to be expected since they are doing upwards of 300 shows a year and the original players are "getting up there" so to speak! Playing the same high energy songs and travelling those distances day after day would drain the best of us. But the show was good - the musicianship was great.

Why no pictures you ask? Cameras were not allowed, so I had to make a beeline back to my truck with the camera. And oh yes - I must rant about the fries at the concession!!!! Whatever happened to good ol plain french fries? Why must they serve up those yucky coated fries that to me should be outlawed!!! Oh well, the music was good.
:o)

7 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Funnyface said...

So glad you had a good time. What a shame they wouldn't let camera's in.
I love those old songs.Brings back a lot of memories.
So glad you made it home Ok.

love Cheryl

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

That tiny, little,, wee rant about the fries made me laugh!!!
Too bad you couldn't take your camera---300 shows a year---that's pushing it--- why, they must be older than me!!! Hope it's sunny tomorrow- bike ride???

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Gillian said...

Whenever they say "no cameras" inevitably someone will sneak some low quality shots on a cell phone... Did you see any cheaters? (LOL)

G.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Hi G. - I thot I did see some cheats with small cameras - my camera is a monster and impossible to hide.

Nannan - bike ride sounds great!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi...glad you enjoyed the concert so much. That long day would have killed me. Sorry it was so boring here..but we did get to see a few movies.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Hi Tuffmom - thanks for the hospitality - And it wasn't boring. Enjoyed the visit. Hated those "fries" at the concert though!!!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

You should have done a much longer rant. Long rants are so much fun! hehehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae