Through the "Fire" of Life: In Training

Friday, September 15, 2006

In Training

I have entered the 2006 version of the YMCA duathlon. Click on the previous link for all the information on this event. This is my third year participating. I went for a little run tonight in preparation, and will be doing so in coming days to train. Thankfully for me there is no swimming involved.
It takes place on Sunday morning, September 24th, 2006, starting at the Burridge Campus right here in my back yard.
Any and all support / encouragement along the route will be greatly appreciated. The bike route goes right by some bloggers houses I know.

On another note, Fire Department training last night consisted of vehicle extrication practice. Myself and most of the others therefore had a chance to practice using what we call the "Jaws of Life" or hydraulic spreaders. Cutters were also used. Training was held in a vehicle junkyard at the end of the Hardscratch Road.
And what about that school burning down in Caledonia? Arson is suspected according to reports I have heard on the news, and if that's the case, it's a sad commentary on the person(s) involved.

That's all for now - chow!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

We'll be cheering for -- if the weather's fit !! and if I can get away from the computer-- and if we don't have Austin--- and if and if --- but we'll try--
Vehicle extrication-- so important a service, and one we all pray to never need!! Good on ya !!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi...sorry I didn't answer your text message. I was sound asleep and never heard the phone bleep.
I think I need the Jaws of Life to get me out of bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae