Through the "Fire" of Life: Don't Leave Me Hanging!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Don't Leave Me Hanging!


The pedal steel guitar is one marvelous piece of equipment. In the right hands, it sounds beautiful. However, there are numerous moving parts that can fail, and when that happens, some mechanical aptitude is required to make things right. Well, the pen sitting on my desk has more of that than I do, so when a stubborn vertical knee lever on my Carter steel guitar decided not to remain up and kept dangling, it was brother-in-law Frank to the rescue. He helped assess the situation, and removed the aforementioned lever. I could thereby, upon his suggestion, take that lever to Waterview Machine Works to be repaired. That is the second time that they have also helped me with a steel guitar related issue - so thanks to them as well! Then Frank was kind enough to put the repaired lever back on my guitar last night - taking some time away from his family (they had Aussie) to help out. Thanks so much Frank - appreciate that! Like that knee lever, I was not left "hanging".
Oh yes, and I may add that I still use the steel guitar seat that Frank built while he was doing upholstery.
Billy dog, Frank, and granddaughter "Lexy".

4 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

He's come to my rescue,, over and over,,, Glad it's working right-- when are you playing at the church?

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Playing Christmas eve services.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

So glad you got your steel quitar fixed...although from our chat the other night I gather one of the cats had an 'incident' with it. Thank Goodness Frank was there to help with the repair. That's the reason I keep Jim around..he's handy..hahahahaha..(Don't tell him I said that.)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Time to blog again!!!!!!!!!
Come on...watcha doin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae