Through the "Fire" of Life: Fires and Such!!!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fires and Such!!!

How many people did you have come to your door at Halloween? We had 189 goblins and other assorted creatures at our door. Then, around midnight, pager goes off for a fire at the old boat across from Wendy's. A few nights before that, a house fire out in Sanford. On the morning of November 1st around 7:00 a.m., another structure fire on Argyle Street to a house just under renovations from a fire last December! Oh yes, did I mention the house fire on Huntington Street the same night that Guy Hemmings was at the curling club to throw the first rock (see Traveling Man's blog)? Luckily, some kind soul took pictures - I had taken my camera but obviously had to leave.
Oh, I forgot to mention an early morning fire out in South Ohio due to wood stove problem - close call for that family!
You've heard the saying - "When it rains, it pours". Well, no fires for months - then boy, the proverbial rain starts!
Oh - now you know why I call myself "Fireguy"!
Adios!

4 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Ahh, actually if the rain had started, there wouldn't have been so many fires...hehehe. But, my gosh, you have been busy! As long as no-one was hurt, I guess that's good.
Can't blame us this time, we weren't there..hehehehe.
Love, Marsh

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Funnyface said...

WELCOME BACK!!!
Boy, you guys have been busy...It must be very fulfilling,knowing that what you do, makes a such differences.
189 goblins "YIKES"!!!! We only had about 12.I can't imagine, having that many.

Take Care.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger mikki said...

I wish we had had 189 goblins... then we wouldn't have 576 lbs. of candy for me to eat! We got less than 10, which was surprising - although it was cold and rainy that night... Oh well, somebody's got to eat all that candy :o)
Oh, and please be careful working around all those fires - I get nervous just thinking about it!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

I guess you're excused from blogging, with all those fires to tend to-- as a matter of fact, I heard a cacophony of sirens this afternoon (Tues)-- Do you know anything about that???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae