Through the "Fire" of Life: Rodeo - etc.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rodeo - etc.

Here is a picture that brings back some musical memories! A picture of the band Rodeo consisting of (L to R) Robyn Dillanger, Myra LeBlanc, Jerry Boudreau (kneeling), and of course the Fireguy - circa 2002. I played music for a number of years with Jerry in particular and he was always a great guy to work with. I believe he is now in France where he and his wife bought a house.

It was nice to have a long weekend - Travelling Man and I went to visit Frank and Sue on Sunday night. Today I did a little "Geocaching" and did some work on my music tonight - refining my guitar sounds and working on the "steel" guitar a bit. One of the songs I'm working on for steel guitar is the Vince Gill song "Kindly Keep It Country". Limewire that one and give it a listen - the steel guitar is awesome in that tune! I am hoping that my band "Windfall" will pick it up.

It's back to work tomorrow so time for bed - bye for now.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger mikki said...

Maybe sometime you could record your own steel guitar as an mp3, and share it with us - I'd love to hear a sample! Todd would like to hear it too; he's thinking he might like to try his hand at the steel guitar himself. I have your Through the Fire cd around here somewhere - did you play steel guitar in that? I'll have to finally unpack my cd's and have another listen :o)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

That's a nice picture-- did you guys make an album, looks like an album cover---- Mikki had a great idea--- get some of your music on computer--- can't wait for your debut performance---

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Fireguy said...

No album - just a promo poster. And I do not know how to produce and record an MP3 file with the steel yet. But if Togg does decide to try it, I can steer him in the right direction with instructional material.
There is no steel on "Through the Fire".

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Thank God we don't have to keep 'chooglin' anymore. There must be a way to record your steel guitar playing..I just love it.
By the way, it's Todd..not Togg....hehehehehehe.
And I do hope he learns to play steel quitar.
Love you....Marsh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae