Through the "Fire" of Life: Keep Chooglin'!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Keep Chooglin'!

Just got back from band practice. If you want an update on the band, go to the "Windfall Band" blog. One neat thing is that after practice, Rod, Wayne and I go to Tim Horton's for a coffee and gab session. This makes for more of a social element than other bands I have been in for the most part.

If you wish to hear me play the pedal steel guitar, I will be doing several holiday songs at the Wesleyan Church during the Christmas season. You may hear tunes such as "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear", "Silent Night", "White Christmas", and "O Holy Night". I will post the date(s). The steel guitar will also be used in several songs with the band "Windfall".

I am enjoying these musical challenges - certainly keeping me busy.
That is all for now - you folks just keep on chooglin!!

5 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

So of course, the question is , what is chooglin ???
Rod is a big fan of timmy's--- nice though that you get together and just chill out---you must be getting close to having enough songs--- I'd really like to hear those Christmas songs, so be sure to let us know when you'll be there--- we stopped by to visit earlier, but the door was locked-- presume you were both out---

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Fireguy said...

Keep on "Chooglin" simply means keep on going - through thick and thin. Although the amount I ate at the Fire Dept. banquet, in my case it'll probably be "thick"...

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Would also love to hear the Christmas songs - especially with the Steel Guitar. However, Christmas Carols make me cry! Sometimes I have to turn them off..or I will never stop crying. Lots of love, Marsha

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Funnyface said...

Good to hear your enjoying spending time with Rod and Wayne. When I went to school Wayne had to be one of the funniest people I knew.
I've only been to the living Christmas tree once, and I loved it.Hopefully I'll get to go this year.

Take care

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I'm not chooglin!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to be moving..so if I'm not moving, I'm not chooglin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae