Through the "Fire" of Life: Steeped!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Steeped!

I have a new friend! I have taken a liking to Tim Horton's steeped tea. Usually, I get coffee when I go there, but during one of my visits to Tim's with Wayne & Rod of our "Windfall" band, I saw the steeped tea ad on the billboard there. Well, I tried it, and it was love at first taste! The TV ad for this tea shows a mother getting one from her teenage son. She says "great tea!"....he says, "yeah, steeped!" So now, to her, steeped means great! Steeped = great.
Speaking of Windfall, the band played its maiden "gig" at the Yarmouth Legion on Friday, Nov. 17th - last night. It was a benefit for Wayne's mother who is having health issues and is a member of the Legion. A big thanks to Traveling Man (Dad) and Frank & Sue (sister / brother-in-law) who braved the elements to attend! Overall it was a good night. The second set was better than the first. As with any maiden gig - a band is a bit nervous. The food was good - and people seemed to enjoy the night. So I would say the night was "steeped".

3 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow..all I can say is 'steeped'!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Funnyface said...

So sorry I missed the dance, but I've been sick. Glad to hear all went well.

Take care Cheryl:)
P.S I loved the steeped tea too!!!I don't drink there coffee,it gives me the shakes..

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

I used to drink tea, until Tim Hortons coffee--wonder what they put in the tea--- as for the gig-- Wayne's mother was the life of the party, what a happy spirit---and a trooper-- I love that family-- they're steeped!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae