Through the "Fire" of Life: The Bear and Kilt!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Bear and Kilt!

Today dad and I took the C-Train into town and spent part of the day there. The C-Train is above ground unlike most city subways. We had lunch in a restaurant on 8th avenue called "The Bear & Kilt". The hamburger was about the size of a curling stone...whoosh!!!That did us for awhile, then we went up into the Calgary Tower. There is a glass floor you can look down now...straight down! Not for the faint of heart! Anybody afraid of heights? Do not look down. The view from the observation tower is splendid, with a clear view of the Rocky Mountains today.
The hockey and ball games are on so early here because of the time zone, you can actually watch them and get to bed at a decent time.
Well, that's all for now...do not want to tie up cousin's phone for too long.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Michelle and I went up in the Calgary Tower too. But it was not a very clear day. In the Toronto Tower they have a glass floor at the top as well..and when we were there with Michelle and the kids, Michelle didn't want to go on it. Eric and Jamie dragged her on it and she didn't like it very much. I had no fear! I have no fear! If I go to Ont this summer, I am going to try out a very scary ride!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger mikki said...

Well, I do have fear of see-through floors at extreme heights! I know that no one has ever fallen through... but with my luck, I would be the first. That CN tower trip was more than enough excitement (not to mention embarassment - spectators enjoyed my fear). Anyway, it's nice to have these updates of your trip - looking forward to the photos. :o)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Hope you took lots of pictures, because it's a sight I'll never experience- heights and glass floors- not a good combination- Glad you're having a great time-will you be seeing Shannon again?The cats are starting to like us- better hurry home !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae