Through the "Fire" of Life: From One to the Other!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

From One to the Other!

From urban to country - that's today's ticket. Traveling man and I stole (well, borrowed), cousin's truck and went up to Huxley. This town can be missed if you blink. We stopped in Trochu and gathered some info from the locals, then headed to scout out uncle George and Mona's old farm. Nobody was home, but we got a few pictures. We then managed to make our way over field and pasture to the old homestead where traveling man was born and raised. What the growth around that now! Hardly looks the same, but got a couple of pictures. We had lunch in Trochu than came back to Calgary.
This evening we all went to cousin Norma's daughter's (Amber) home for a BBQ...more food!!! You are right Teahound...my bike rides will all be for naught. I'll have to pedal my socks off when I get home!
And my cats...seems they are beginning to transfer their affections to Aussisnan. I'd better hurry home. I'll probably get the silent treatment from them.
Well...gotta go.
Happy blogging!

4 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I sort of remember Huxley..you're right, not much too it. Sounds like you're having a good time. I wonder which one of the cats is still stuck up...Shania I bet! Misses sitting on the laps.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Must be emotional for dad to be there, glad you could share it with him- as for the cats- it's not Shania-

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

Come on fireguy- your loyal fans are waiting for an update- we may have to transfer our affections- like your cats have done-

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Good one Nannan...lay on the guilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae