Through the "Fire" of Life: Home Food Inn +

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Home Food Inn +

Want to pig out on a humongous Chinese buffet? Then go to a restaurant in Calgary called "Home Food Inn". I know the name does not bely the menu (Chinese), but trust me...it is. I almost had to be carried out, or rolled out like a soccer ball. I like the idea of a buffet because you can peruse the items before you choose.

This morning, we went into the City of Red Deer to see cousin Dennis. We ate lunch at a restaurant called "Humptys" with a real cool retro (50's, 60's) decor...you know, the Elvis, Marilyn Munroe, and other appropriate posters. Even some old style gas pumps. Too bad we couldn't gas up though. The price on the pumps was .54 cents per gallon! Anyhow, I got pictures of Dennis with his sister Norma and with dad. Then we went to Sylvan Lake, not far from Red Deer. Now what a resort! There is a Marina there where they even rent Sea-Doos! Made me miss "Daisy" all the more.

And I'm told my cats ate all the food! I underestimated their voracious appetites! Brother-in-law Frank to the rescue. I will reimburse you - thanks. I really hope Katie forgives me. She's probably aching to go out.

I'm hoping Shannon sorts out her blog link problem...Travelling Man had a little trouble gettting his up, but we did eventually. Keep trying...we'd love to hear from you Shannon!

We will be returning to Yarmouth on Monday, but won't be home until fairly late in the evening. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Bye for now.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger NanNan said...

You underestimated your cats appetites- but not your own!!!!!And I KNOW how much you can eat--all those Christmas dinners- sounds like everyday there is Christmas!!! Glad you're having a great time- I've heard about Sylvan Lake- would like to go there some day- See you on Tuesday.Would love to be there when you get home to see the cats reaction- I wonder if you'll get the cold shoulder treatment-

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Man, that's the best part about vacation...all the new types of food you get to eat! I see a lot of biking in your future. I'm willing to join in on the bet that the cats, or Katie at least will ignore you for a while..Pretend they didn't care a bit! Hockey stating soon!!! Have a safe trip back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for jgmcrae